Saturday, September 5, 2009

The First.

So this is my first official blog entry. I had a blog on Myspace but it's since been abandoned. Honestly I can't even remember the last time I blogged, and I haven't written in an actual journal for about two years now. I guess I just haven't felt the need. When I was younger (late middle school to high school) all I did, it seemed, was write in a journal. For someone like me, who is more of a listener and less of a talker, the journal gave me an outlet to talk. Even if it was just to me. Anyone who knows me now, knows I no longer have issues with talking, but I was a shy, quiet child. Maybe the cessation of my journaling wasn't apathy for writing - maybe it was just my realization that it was ok to talk and that I had a voice and I also had important things to say, things people wanted to hear.

Well, despite this revelation, I think I will still continue to blog. It's kind of a neat outlet, and a good way to share ideas and experiences. If I'm negligent please forgive me. I'm in my last year of college, which is not proving to be any sort of cake walk. Classes that are requiring a lot of brain power and a lot of reading, but I'm trying to be confident and positive about the outlook this semester and the next. I know people say your last year is the fastest, but right now it's not feeling that way. I never understood why people said that if they knew it only felt that way in retrospect. Finishing college (from what I hear) is a double edged sword for most people. Yeah you're done, but... now what? I have a friend with her BFA who is now in law school. My boyfriend has his BFA and he's working (waiting for me to finish), not in his field, but he's still working. It's terrifying not knowing where you're going afterward. And I really don't at this point. Hopefully I figure that out in the next year. We shall see. Well until next time...

1 comment: